Zillow’s mortgage calculator helps determine your total monthly mortgage payment, inclusive of principal, interest, taxes, and insurance. The payment amount is based on the value of the home, with the calculator setting default values for property taxes, home insurance, mortgage insurance (PMI), and other details. You are able to adjust these details to reflect your situation and get a more accurate monthly payment estimate. The monthly payment calculator also provides a mortgage amortization schedule that shows the money you will pay toward your principal and interest over the course of the home loan.
- Down payment
- This is the amount of money you will put towards a down payment on the house. Make sure you still have cash left over after the down payment to cover unexpected repairs or financial emergencies.
- Interest rate
- This is the interest rate for the loan you will receive. It is pre-filled with the current 30-yr fixed average rate on Zillow Mortgage Marketplace.
- Income taxes
- This is an annual tax that governments place on individuals’ income. It includes federal tax, most states and some local entities. The national average is around 30% but can vary based on income, location, etc.
- Property taxes
- The mortgage payment calculator includes estimated property taxes. The value represents an annual tax on homeowners’ property and the tax amount is based on the home’s value.
- Homeowners insurance
- Commonly known as hazard insurance, most lenders require insurance to provide damage protection for your home and personal property from a variety of events, including fire, lightning, burglary, vandalism, storms, explosions, and more. All homeowner’s insurance policies contain personal liability coverage, which protects against lawsuits involving injuries that occur on and off your property.
- Mortgage insurance (PMI)
- Mortgage insurance is required primarily for borrowers with a down payment of less than 20% of the home’s purchase price. It protects lenders against some or most of the losses that can occur when a borrower defaults on a mortgage loan. Also known as PMI (Private Mortgage Insurance).
- HOA dues
- Typically, owners of condos or townhomes are required to pay homeowners association dues (known as HOA fees), to cover common amenities or services within the property such as garbage collection, landscaping, snow removal, pool maintenance, and hazard insurance.
- Loan term
- This is the length of time you choose to pay off your loan (e.g., 30 years, 20 years, 15 years, etc.)
- Full report
- Click on the Full Report link to see a printable report that includes mortgage payment breakdowns, total payments, and a full mortgage payment amortization calculation (table and chart). Amortization table includes ability to view amortization by year or by month.
Results received from this calculator are designed for comparative purposes only, and accuracy is not guaranteed. California Home Builders does not guarantee the accuracy of any information available on this site, and is not responsible for any errors, omissions, or misrepresentations.
This calculator does not have the ability to pre-qualify you for any loan program. Qualification for loan programs may require additional information such as credit scores and cash reserves which is not gathered in this calculator. Information such as interest rates and pricing are subject to change at any time and without notice. Additional fees such as HOA dues are not included in calculations. All information such as interest rates, taxes, insurance, PMI payments, etc. are estimates and should be used for comparison only. California Home Builders does not guarantee any of the information obtained by this calculator.
Product information including availability, features, floor plans, elevations and pricing are subject to change without prior notice and should be verified independently with a sales consultant. All square footage is approximate. Floorplans and elevations renderings may not be to scale and may show non-standard features. Exterior photographs may show non-standard features and upgraded landscaping not included in the indicated price.